Job Title–PA CareerLink® Site Administrator
FLSA Status: Salaried, exempt
Reports to: Director of Regional Workforce Partnerships (One Stop Operator)
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned, self-motivated professional to join our growing team. SCPa Works is searching for an experienced leader to direct and coordinate various functions and operations of a PA CareerLink® workforce development center. The right candidate should demonstrate superior skills in leadership, local planning, workforce connections, jobseeker service delivery, business services, resources management, and facility management. This position is functionally supervised by and organizationally responsible to the PACareerLink® One-Stop Operator.
Responsibilities and duties:
The following is a summary of the main responsibilities of the position. Additional duties may be assigned.
- Develops a systematic and sustained process to assess and respond to the workforce and economic development needs and expectations of local businesses and the community.
- Develop and/or maintain a means of receiving internal and external customer feedback and addressing customer complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Establishes and communicates specific and measurable PA CareerLink® performance standards in conjunction with SCPa Works, the Operator, and input from site staff.
- Implements an action plan that is developed in conjunction with the Operator Consortium that supports SCPa Works’ strategic plan and meets the needs and expectations of all key stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with local entities such as elected officials, business partners, economic developers, educators and other community leaders that enhance PA CareerLink® services. Establishes appropriate community outreach and marketing efforts to attract new customers.
- Provides day-to-day functional supervision over all PA CareerLink® staff to fulfill operational functions and service delivery within funding streams, collective bargaining agreements and governmental regulations. Assigns staff to work stations; refers customers to staff.
- Acts as a liaison for a cross-partner business services team comprised of staff from partner organizations and assign incoming referrals to reduce and eliminate duplication of services.
- Oversee fiscal management of the site in collaboration with Operator and FiscalAgent; recommend budget changes based on analysis of expenditures, data trends, and service projections.
- Analyze operational needs; collaborate with Operator, partners, and Fiscal Agent to develop and monitor resource sharing agreement (RSA) and budget (RSAB).
- Research other funding sources for additional revenue to reduce partner costs and/or expand services.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of terms of building lease to ensure compliance; act as liaison to the landlord.
- Assesses the service delivery needs of the PA CareerLink® to determine workforce requirements; Coordinates with the Operator to address identified staffing needs.
- Assesses and ensures adequate inventory of equipment, tools, materials and supplies; Ensures accountability for expenditures made with federal, state and local funds.
- Ensures that all equipment, etc. is installed properly, is operational and is maintained in a manner that meets appropriate safety and regulatory standards (EEO, ADA, OSHA, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field and five (5) plus years related experience and/or training.
Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of workforce development trends and issues, including a working knowledge of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Professional knowledge, interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills.
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The individual must be a team player, be able to work and decide independently and establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, supervisors, associates, outside agencies and general public. Must possess proven leadership skills.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel offsite.
In addition to the duties listed above, this position also has physical components as listed below. The list is intended to give an overview of the position as performed by a person without disabilities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the company’s policy on Equal Employment Opportunity, the organization will make reasonable accommodations to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the position with our without accommodation where necessary.
- Frequent sitting at a desk.
- Frequent keyboard/computer operation.
- Periodic walking.
- Periodic standing.
- Occasional lifting of 15 lbs.
- Occasional pushing and/or pulling up to15lbs.
- Occasional carrying up to15 lbs.
- Occasional stooping.
- Occasional kneeling.
- Periodic reaching.
- Periodic bending.
- Occasional crouching.
- Occasional turning.
- Occasional travel.
Note: Our goal at SCPa Works is to ensure every employee has a successful career with the organization. Job descriptions are a summary of duties and requirements and are subject to change. Other duties may be assigned to employees as the organization changes or as special projects are required. Employees will be notified of these changes and will be expected to fulfill all responsibilities as assigned. If an employee is concerned with their ability to fulfill their job duties, he/she should speak with a manager immediately about any possible accommodations that can be made.
SCPa Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SCPa Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.