Job Title: Compliance Policy Officer
FLSA Status: Hourly, Exempt
Reports to: COO
To apply: Send cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Compliance and Policy Department is actively seeking a Compliance Policy Officer to join our team! The Compliance and Policy Department will analyze internal business systems to ensure compliance with industry regulations and ethical standards. They perform regular audits of business procedures and processes to ensure this compliance. The Department will create, modify, update and implement SCPa Works policies and directives. They will educate colleagues about regulations that apply to their work and work with the Program Team to develop directives, procedures, and best practices for operating within legal and ethical guidelines. The team will design methods for reporting and dealing with compliance breaches and EO issues when they occur.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Compliance Policy Officer – Develop relevant policies, compliance forms, tools and trainings:
- Review and interpret TEGL, WSP, WSG, TENS, WIIN, UIPL, CWDS guidance, Federal Registry, all other State and Federal guidance
- Develop policies and directives in accordance with the above
- Maintain a review schedule of directives and policies
- Update forms and tools to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulation changes and monitoring guidelines
- Work with Director of Programs to oversee and evaluate existing programs, activities, policies and procedures for effectiveness through open file review
- Review Common Measure data to ensure compliance with State performance requirements
- Review and analyze data to ensure WIOA compliance for contractors and in-house units
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to program partners and sub-grantees by coordinating trainings and developing collateral materials
- Assist State monitoring staff during periodic SCPa Works reviews
- Review contracts for compliance
- Attend meetings, seminars and workshops as required
- Other Duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Results-oriented with superior skills in organization, planning, and attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, self-directed and reliable
- Strong sense of integrity, honesty, and ethics
- Excellent project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive
- Respectful of others; interacts with tact and sensitivity
- Flexible and collaborative work style with a strong service mentality
- Ability to build and sustain great working relationships with employees, vendors, consultants, and colleagues
A degree in policy, paralegal or comparable area is preferred, as well as experience or a working knowledge of WIOA law. Three to five years of demonstrated policy experience is also preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be used to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to write and/or type; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and bend. The employee may occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters in an office environment.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
SCPa Works provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status. SCPa Works is an EEO employer.
SCPa Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SCPa Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.