Job Title – Administrative Assistant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Team: Strategic Initiatives
Reports to: Director of Business Partnerships
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated professional to join our growing team. Full time administrative assistant position, grant specific funded for one year with the potential to extend or become permanent full time.
The Administrative Assistant position provides office support to include and manage the flow of data, reports, invoices and goals related to business facing workforce development initiatives and sector based partnerships for the South Central Workforce Development Board (SCPa Works) and its related programs. This position requires a high level of organization, detail oriented, time management and excellent customer service skills.
Responsibilities and duties:
The following is a summary of the main responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant position. Additional duties may be assigned through project work, auditing, or additional oversight of programs.
Administrative support for business facing initiatives:
- Use computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing, such as Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information, internally or with other organizations.
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases.
- Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as program goal, correspondence, or other material.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
- Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed material.
- Prepare conference or event materials, such as flyers or invitations
- Note taking and meeting minutes
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proficient with word processing software
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and presentation software
- Ability to create professional presentations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to file, alphabetize and sort
- Prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to learn new software systems and tasks quickly
- Ability to read, understand, and follow directions/instructions
- Good judgement, discretion, tact and the ability to work easily with team members
- Ability to work independently, high energy and self-motivated.
Required education and experience:
- High school diploma and a minimum of two (2) years or more of job related experience in an administrative position.
In addition to the duties listed above this position also has physical components as listed below. The list is intended to give an overview of the positions as performed by a person without disabilities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the company’s policy on Equal Employment Opportunity, the organization will make reasonable accommodations to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the position with our without accommodation where necessary.
- Frequent sitting at a desk.
- Frequent keyboard / computer operation.
- Periodic walking.
- Periodic standing.
- Occasional lifting of 15 lbs.
- Occasional pushing and/or pulling up to 15 lbs.
- Occasional carrying up to 15 lbs.
- Occasional stooping.
- Occasional kneeling.
- Periodic reaching.
- Periodic bending.
- Occasional crouching.
- Occasional turning.
- Occasional travel.
Note: Our goal at SCPa Works is to ensure every employee has a successful career with the organization. Job descriptions are a summary of duties and requirements and are subject to change. Other duties may be assigned to employees as the organization changes or as special projects are required. Employees will be notified of these changes and will be expected to fulfill all responsibilities as assigned. If an employee is concerned with their ability to fulfill their job duties, he/she should speak with a manager immediately about any possible accommodations that can be made.
SCPa Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SCPa Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.