In order to do that, SCPa Works is focused on placing as many people into in-demand jobs as possible. This means building strong partnerships with our business, education and economic development partners. We are focused on improving the overall economic climate of our region, which includes the following metrics:
- The number of jobs created in key sectors, such as advanced manufacturing, logistics & transportation and healthcare;
- The average wages for regional jobs, including the key, strategic sectors
- The number of jobs retained in our region through upskilling and work-based training programs
- The effectiveness of training programs by sector, such as on-the-job trainings
- The “time-to-placement” for job seekers
Effective workforce programs can contribute to higher employment, job retention, and higher wages for participants. Our investments also impact our economy by creating positive ripple effects for businesses and communities by raising worker productivity, reducing unemployment costs, and strengthening the tax base for local governments.
Check out what some of our private sectors partners say about the ways in which our investments help increase the skills of their workforce, increase productivity and add to their bottom line.